Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Random thoughts ... !!!

Well I am gearing myself for my next 12 weeks of hectic travel,starting from the next week. I am going to Paris Fr,Rome Italy,Bucharest RO as part of International Residency program organized by my MBA school. Coming back I going to Canada for nearly two months for the solution rollout.

Ever since I landed in US i have been travelling all over US every week and now International travel .I like travelling especially when it gives all the amazing feeling and experience which you could only possibly imagine sitting before the laptop.

NRI Indian international travelling challenge: what is that...well before I pack bags by checking the weather on each country ,I need to sit with all the invitation letters,copiers ,passport photos,travel agent,travel insurance,medical insurance,bank statements,travellers checks to get the visa. i have been running behind romanian ,schengen and canada consulates for the past 14 weeks to ensure i am ready for the next 12 weeks.ofcourse all these paper work takes your brain .


My International Residency Program :The key objectives of this program are

Gain knowledge of common business practices in alternative economies.
Develop “decision-based” analysis and presentation skills in an international business management setting.
Experience learning in a “virtual” and collaborative work environment.
Establish an international personal peer network.
Apply state-of-the-art collaboration application technologies as a user.


Below are my Romanian team members
Horatiu,Cosmin,Ramona & Mirela




I am excited to meet them and experience the next 6 months in doing the project with them.After my American Teaming experience ,It would be interesting to see how the events turnout with Romanian Experience for next 6 months.
All the students from here are planning for few gifts for Romanian students,well i couldnt think of anything for them yet.Hopefully I find something in next two days before leaving to Paris.if you have any ideas for gifts ,please do add it to the comment section.May be i will gift the Romanian students when they visit American around Jan.

Out of 44 students in my class,I am the only indian and the only one who needed visa for all the countries.i envy my american class mates,as they dont have to think abt the visa for the first 90 days for these countries.They all planned the whole trip in the last 2 weeks while I have to go through roller coaster ride for 16 weeks to get here.Being NRI is turning out to be bigger challenge then i always imagined.

Well i checked out on weather for Paris and Rome,guess what the forecast shows "rain". :) .I have seen the future and somehow i hoping the universe to ensure I have amazing vacation. This program has already denied my all plans to visit India this year and I hope nature has some mercy on the opportunity cost went towards this whole vacation plan.

The following are the few sightseeing arrangements i have made myself

http://www.viator.com/tours/Paris/Paris-City-Tour-Seine-River-Cruise-and-Eiffel-Tower/d479-2050PE

http://www.viator.com/tours/Rome/Skip-the-Line-Ancient-Rome-and-Colosseum-Half-Day-Walking-Tour/d511-3731COLOSSEUM

http://www.viator.com/tours/Rome/Skip-the-Line-Vatican-Museums-Walking-Tour-including-Sistine-Chapel-Raphaels-Rooms-and-St-Peters/d511-3731VATICAN

http://www.viator.com/tours/Venice/Venice-Walking-Tour-and-Gondola-Ride/d522-2495TOUR2

Tribute to Dr Alison:-


Have you ever had a lecturer ,who never ran out passion,enthu,intuitive and intelligence on a boring subject...for me Dr Alison would be the one.She makes International Business and Economics so much fun.She can go on and on and made a one whole weekend (16 hours) of Economics filled with her passion and enligten others with wonderful learning experience. Last week was her last class for our batch and everybody felt they should have more of her in the program.

i will be gone for a while with all the travel coming up...so take care...hav fun!!!

No comments: